Translate

Wednesday, 30 June 2021

Other Resources

This Resource List  contains over 50 suggestions for free and paid sources of information about Teneriffe Lace to consult, in a variety of formats, such as: books, ebooks, videos, websites, blogs and search hashtags for Facebook and Instagram. The entries are grouped by the format of the materials, e.g. books, ebooks, loom resources, etc.

The most important entry on the resource list refers to what I think of as the "course text," which I will be referring you to through out the course. Please download and view a free copy of The Technique of Teneriffe Lace, 1980, written and donated to the public by Alexandra Stillwell. There is a hardback copy of this book in the Guild Library, and I've requested that it be available for our class.














In addition, there is a second inspiring book in the Guild Library, about Ñandutí lace, that I have requested for this Course: El ñandutí del Paraguay. The book is written in Japanese, but the illustrations and charts are quite illuminating. I highly recommend this book as a source of design ideas.




















Custom Polar Graph Paper Generator 

Customizable polar graph paper. You can choose number of spokes, primary and secondary and concentric circles, number and distance apart. The site is very easy to use. Use the picture below to guide you to settings I have found effective.